Thursday, March 22, 2012

Serenity - in Natalie

"I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing . . ."

I woke up feeling quite overwhelmed this morning. Perhaps this is due to certain things which have been bouncing around in my head as of late, concerning issues that need direction, and solutions. Anyway, sometimes when this happens I look for serenity in a song. I start by just blatantly admitting to myself that whatever it is that is bothering me hasn't been resolved as I expected, and by the time I had expected (the time thing really gets to me). I know that I've been perfectly aware of what has been getting on my nerves, it's clear enough; but somehow just owning up to and giving this 'confession' its private bracket in time helps me take the next step where I kind of scan my brain for a song, any song, and then consider if it is suited to help me unwind. I am constantly baffled that this often leads me to something that I find relaxing (yes, I know: wierd).
So today I did this once again, and the song below came to mind for some reason, and listening to it really did calm me down, which will hopefully also help me take a step back during the day to gain greater perspective over the situation. Oh, when doing this I prefer to just listen to the song, dispensing with visual elements. Yet I decided to post the video anyway, since it is nice, and you can just focus on the audio if you wish.

Do you ever feel swamped, and if so is there a work of art that is soothing to you?

3 comments:

  1. I think what you described so eloquently above happens to me every moment of the day.

    The current song playing in my head: the ever so catchy and anonymous "Into" by the XX. Ah so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the song is called "INTRO" not Into. ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L73OLaG4_kA

    That is a nice song Alex, it had a "calm down now, so to pay better attention" effect on me as well.

    You might want to check out the song linked below: listening to "Intro" made it surface from my memory.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh3vwFeLmX8

    The human mind is a fascinating thing wouldn't you say? It really seems to behave like a computer.

    ReplyDelete